By completing the application to participate in the HOUSTON CREOLE HERITAGE FESTIVAL AND MARDI GRAS PARADE FESTIVAL, you understand that not all applicants will be selected for participation. Festival management reserves the right to accept or decline any parade application. Preference is given to experienced performance groups. If your entry meets the qualifications listed below, please download and submit the completed Parade Application form along with pictures, videos, or online links that showcase your talent. Materials submitted with your request will not be returned.
There Are No Application fees:
- Preference is given to experienced performance groups.
- Due to the nature of the parade’s live broadcast, lineup space is limited.
- If your entry meets the qualifications listed below, please download and submit the completed Parade Application form along with pictures, videos, or online links that showcase your talent.
- Musical entries must submit a sample CD of your work.
- Materials submitted with your request cannot be returned.
- Entire band must perform in uniforms or themed costumes, no sweat suits or t-shirts
- 25 minimum participants
- All groups must perform as they are moving forward; no walking-only groups
- Teams must be dressed in uniforms/costumes
- Organized unit with 10+ horses
- Previous parade experience is required
- Flashy, coordinated costumes
- Those groups that do not fall into above categories
- Unique entries or special appearances
- Must exhibit showmanship and delight spectators
- Requires coordinated costuming
Floats/Specialty Vehicles/Helium Balloon Entries
All floats must align with a Mardi Gras theme and must be constructed by a professional float builder.
Specialty vehicle entries including vintage cars/trucks and unique industrial or service vehicles are welcome. Vehicles must be in good condition. Proof of insurance required.
We look forward to building a lasting relationship with you and your organization.
NOTE: IF YOU HAVE SIGNED UP TO BE IN THE PARADE, PLEASE CONTACT 713.548.6398 WITH YOUR INFORMATION BY 1/28/2016.
Downtown Parade Route
Starts on Bell St. and End At Discovery Green® Park
NOTE: ALL PARADE PARTICIPANT ARE ASKED TO ARRIVED AT THE STAGING AREA BY 7:45AM. LINEUP WILL STARTS IMMEDIATELY THERE AFTER. ALL MOTOR VEHICLE PARTICIPANT ARE ASKED TO DISPLAY VALID INSURANCE PAPERS IN YOUR DASH BOARD DRIVERS SIDE. WE ALSO ASK THAT A MARDI GRAS THEME BE DISPLAYED ON YOUR VEHICLE.
Precinct 1 Command on Site